100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

What happens if I pay some, but not all of my estimated balance due to the IRS now?

Personal Tax Extension Filing Service

This is what the IRS recommends if you cannot pay your full balance due by 4/17/18. The reason is that tax extensions do not extend the time that you have to pay your taxes. They only extend the time you have to file your tax return. Any 2017 tax balance is still due to the IRS by 4/17/18. Failing to pay the balance in full by 4/17/18 will result in added interest, and possible penalties. So the IRS advises that if you cannot pay your full actual or estimated balance by 4/17/18, you should pay as much as you can to limit the amount of added interest you will owe later.

Explore more articles like this one
How do I check the status of my order? To check the status of your order 24 hours a day, simply enter your transaction ID on the...
Read more
Is my information secure? Yes. The information you submit is secured using SSL/TLS encryption technology. The "s" in the "https://" at the start of the address of pages that collect or display your information is what ...
Read more
What is the due date for filing a personal federal tax return? The regular due date for most individuals for a 2017 federal tax return is Tuesday, April 17th, 2018. However this filing deadline can be extended to Monday, October 15th, 2018...
Read more
What is the due date for requesting a personal tax extension? The due date for requesting a filing extension is the regular due date of your return. For most individuals, this means Tuesday, April 17th, 2018...
Read more
View all articles about this service