100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

What happens if I don't pay my estimated balance due to the IRS now?

Personal Tax Extension Filing Service

You do not need to make any payment to the IRS to get a filing extension. However, tax extensions do not extend the time that you have to pay your taxes. They only extend the time you have to file your tax return. Any 2017 tax balance is still due to the IRS by 4/17/18. Failing to pay the balance in full by 4/17/18 will result in added interest, and possible penalties. So the IRS advises that if you cannot pay your full actual or estimated balance by 4/17/18, you should pay as much as you can to limit the amount of added interest you will owe later.

Explore more articles like this one
How do I check the status of my order? To check the status of your order 24 hours a day, simply enter your transaction ID on the...
Read more
What is the SimpleFilings service fee? Please click here to use our fee calculator to view our service fee for e-filing your extension. Our service fee is separate from any tax payment that you choose to make to the IRS...
Read more
How long does it take to get a personal tax extension? If your order is placed by 9pm central time on April 17, we will e-file your extension application by midnight central time. Our business hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Central Time, excluding ...
Read more
What is the due date for filing a personal federal tax return? The regular due date for most individuals for a 2017 federal tax return is Tuesday, April 17th, 2018. However this filing deadline can be extended to Monday, October 15th, 2018...
Read more
View all articles about this service