Our business operations are closing indefinitely on 10/31/18. Need help? Contact Us Our business is closing indefinitely on 10/31/18
100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

Do I have to pay my estimated balance due to the IRS now?

Personal Tax Extension Filing Service

No, you do not need to make any payment to the IRS to get a filing extension. However, tax extensions do not extend the time that you have to pay your taxes. They only extend the time you have to file your tax return. Any 2017 tax balance is still due to the IRS by 4/18/18. Failing to pay the balance in full by 4/18/18 will result in added interest, and possible penalties. So the IRS advises that if you cannot pay your full actual or estimated balance by 4/18/18, you should pay as much as you can to limit the amount of added interest you will owe later.

Explore this service further
How long does it take to get a personal tax extension? If your order is placed by 9pm central time on April 18, we will e-file your extension application by midnight central time. Our business hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Central Time, excluding ...
Read more
What is the due date for filing a personal federal tax return? The regular due date for most individuals for a 2017 federal tax return is April 18, 2018. However this filing deadline can be extended to October 15, 2018...
Read more
How do I make a personal tax extension payment to the IRS? To make an extension payment to the IRS by credit or debit card after e-filing your extension through our website, go here and select one of the service providers in the first table. Note that paying...
Read more
How do I get credit for my personal tax extension payment when I file my federal tax return? To get credit for any extension payment you make to the IRS, indicate the amount of your extension payment on your return when you file it. But how exactly to do that depends on which return form you ...
Read more
View all questions about this service