100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

What if I get a notice of non-acceptance from the IRS?

S-Corporation Election Filing Service

Within 60 days of submission of an S-Corporation election filing to the IRS, the IRS should mail you a notice of the acceptance or non-acceptance. If they indicate non-acceptance, they will usually also indicate why, and it could be for any number of reasons.

You may have not yet completed your incorporation filing at the state level, which is a separate, pre-requisite filing. You may have failed to provide some required information. You may have accidentally have mis-typed some information. Or you may not have signed immediately, causing the effective date you requested on your application to then fall outside of the acceptable range of dates.

In most circumstances, corrections are possible. Simply amend your IRS form 2553 as necessary and resubmit it to the IRS. For help, feel free to contact us. And note that you are even able to file IRS form 2553 with your first IRS form 1120S tax return. Upon any resubmission however, note that you may need to additionally complete the notes section on page 1 of IRS form 2553, under sections H and I.

Explore this service further
How do I check the status of my order? To check the status of your order 24 hours a day, simply enter your transaction ID on the Existing Customers page of this site. Your transaction ID can be found on your receipt e-mail. If you cannot ...
Read more
Why use SimpleFilings for the filing? We are experienced at the document preparation and filing process for electing federal S-Corporation status. We turn what can be an otherwise complicated and confusing filing into a smooth and simple ...
Read more
Can a filing be expedited? No, it is the same turnaround time for everyone. We are usually able to submit your election to the IRS within one business day of receiving all required signatures, and the IRS should mail you a ...
Read more
Will both the IRS and my state grant my business pass-through taxation if I register it as an S-Corporation? Securing pass-through taxation from the IRS requires only one simple S-Corporation election filing you can conduct right here. How to get pass-through taxation at the state level depends on the laws ...
Read more
View all questions about this service