100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

What is a Registered Agent?

LLC Formation or Incorporation Filing Service

A Registered Agent is also known as a Resident Agent. Their job is to receive any legal correspondence sent to an LLC or Corporation after it is formed. Some small business owners serve as their own Registered Agents. But since a business's Registered Agent name and contact information is publicly listed, many prefer the privacy of using a third party company as their Registered Agent. Third party Registered Agents typically charge an annual fee, and they simply forward any legal correspondence received on behalf of their clients. If you hire a third party Registered Agent but then later choose not to renew, it is important to remember to update your Registered Agent records with the state so that your business never misses any legal correspondence intended for it.

Explore more articles like this one
When do I need to obtain a Federal Tax ID (EIN)? A business generally needs to obtain a Federal Tax ID if any of the following are true: the business has just formed an LLC or Incorporated; there are one or more employees; a business bank account is...
Read more
Are there any tax issues? With Sole Proprietorships and General Partnerships, there is little legal separation of the owners from the businesses. So the owners are taxed on all money that their businesses make. Corporations ...
Read more
What steps are involved in the formation filing? While the steps involved in an LLC Formation or Incorporation filing vary for each state, the main steps are usually: • Complete and submit the...
Read more
Can an LLC formation or incorporation filing be expedited? We don't currently offer an expedited filing for this service...
Read more
View all articles about this service