100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

Do I need a Federal Tax ID (EIN) before forming my LLC or incorporating?

LLC Formation or Incorporation Filing Service

Typically, it is the other way around. You first form your LLC or Incorporate at the state level, then obtain your Federal Tax ID at the federal level, because the federal level sometimes validates your application against the state databases. So for example, if you apply for a Federal Tax ID as "Acme Incorporated" without finishing your Incorporation filing with the state first, your Federal Tax ID application may well get rejected. SimpleFilings offers fast and secure solutions for both filings. For more information on obtaining a Federal Tax ID, please click here.

Explore this service further
What is an S-Corporation? An S-Corporation is a special type of Corporation available in some states. They are different from traditional Corporations in that they avoid the issue of "double taxation". Specifically, the ...
Read more
Can an LLC formation or incorporation filing be expedited? We don't currently offer an expedited filing for this service...
Read more
When do I need to obtain a Federal Tax ID (EIN)? A business generally needs to obtain a Federal Tax ID if any of the following are true: the business has just formed an LLC or Incorporated; there are one or more employees; a business bank account is...
Read more
How do I get started with the filing process? SimpleFilings makes it easy to form your LLC or Incorporate. To use our document preparation and filing service, simply submit the...
Read more
View all questions about this service