100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

How do I update basic information that I originally submitted on my Federal Tax ID application?

Federal Tax ID (EIN) Filing Service

If you haven't provided your signature on the prepared SS-4 yet, simply contact us to update your application information. We will prepare another SS-4 and provide it to you for your review and signature.

If you have provided your signature, your Federal Tax ID is already on the way if you haven't received it already. Options for updating information now are:

• When you receive your official documents in the mail within 15 days of signing, you can hand write corrections and mail them back to the address provided.

• If you have had your ID for a while and wish to change your address, we can help you file form 8822, Change of Address, with the Internal Revenue Service.

• If you have had your ID for a while and wish to change your business name, you must mail a request to the Internal Revenue Service at the address where you file your tax return. The request must be signed by an authorized individual in the business and additionally, businesses that had to file their creation with a state like LLCs and Corporations must include a copy of the Articles of Amendment or equivalent which was filed with the state that authorized the name change.

Explore this service further
I submitted my information but not the checkout page. Why do I see my information pre-populated on the application page now? To keep you from having to re-enter your information if you decide to come back to finish placing your order later, your information displays only on your computer for a period of 48 hours from the ...
Read more
How do I check the status of my order? You can stay updated on the status of your order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply enter your transaction ID on the...
Read more
How can I contact SimpleFilings? You can e-mail us by using the...
Read more
Who can use this service? The online form is available for all business entity types including:• Individuals/Sole Proprietors • Limited Liability Companies (LLC)• Corporations• S-Corporations • ...
Read more
View all questions about this service