100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

My Federal Tax ID has been assigned but I wish to cancel it now. How do I do that?

Federal Tax ID (EIN) Filing Service

Once a Federal Tax ID has been assigned, it cannot be cancelled. However, you can request the Internal Revenue Service to close your business account, if your new business never started for example. To do this, mail a written request to Internal Revenue Service, Cincinnati, Ohio 45999. Include the complete legal name of the business entity, the business address, Federal Tax ID, and reason you wish to close the account.

Explore this service further
How do I update basic information that I originally submitted on my Federal Tax ID application? If you haven't provided your signature on the prepared SS-4 yet, simply...
Read more
Who is SimpleFilings? SimpleFilings has been providing document preparation and filing services nationwide for years. Our proprietary industry-leading software helps us to complete your order efficiently and securely with ...
Read more
What is the filing process? We've developed a custom one-page online form to collect the information needed to prepare your SS-4 application document. It will ask only the questions needed for your unique filing situation, based...
Read more
What is the SimpleFilings service fee? Our service fee for document preparation and filing depends on your business entity type...
Read more
View all questions about this service