100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

Do I need a Federal Tax ID?

Federal Tax ID (EIN) Filing Service

Federal Tax IDs apply to many different groups, including:
• Individuals/Sole Proprietors
• Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
• Corporations
• S-Corporations
• Partnerships
• Trusts
• Estates
• Non-Profits
• Other employers and business entity types

Generally, if any of the following are true you will need to acquire a Federal Tax ID:
• You need to pay business taxes.
• You have one or more employees.
• You want to open a business bank account.
• You want to start a line of business credit.
• You form an LLC, Corporation, or Partnership.
• You change from one business entity type to another such as from an Individual/Sole Proprietor to an LLC.
• You are starting a Keogh Plan, also known as a Self-Employed Pension.
• You want to bid for a federal government contract.

Explore this service further
Who is SimpleFilings? SimpleFilings has been providing document preparation and filing services nationwide for years. Our proprietary industry-leading software helps us to complete your order efficiently and securely with ...
Read more
Why should I pay SimpleFilings? You can obtain an empty SS-4 document, study the form and instructions, prepare the document yourself, and file it with the IRS, all for free. Or you can choose our filing service to do it on your ...
Read more
What happens after my order is complete? SimpleFilings is a secure solution for several of the most common new business filings, like LLC Formation or Incorporation, DBA Registration, and obtaining your Federal Tax ID. But there can be ...
Read more
What is an EIN? EIN stands for Employer Identification Number, which is another name for a Federal Tax ID or government tax ID...
Read more
View all questions about this service