100% Independent Document Services. We are not affiliated with any government agency.
What this means

What steps are involved in the Change of Address filing?

Change of Address (IRS) Filing Service

To use our document preparation and filing service:
• Complete and submit the Change of Address (IRS) Application on this site.
• We prepare IRS form 8822 and provide it for your review and signature.
• Sign the document. In the case of a couple filing jointly, both spouses must sign.
• We mail the document to the IRS. Which IRS office we mail it to is determined by the old address you provide on your filing.
• Some documents can take the IRS 60 days to process, and you may not receive a confirmation from the IRS for this filing. But if you would like to follow up with them, please wait 60 days before calling 800-829-4933.
• Take care to separately inform any other applicable agencies of your new address, such as the post office, state taxation agencies, etc. This filing is only to update the IRS's records.

Explore this service further
How long does the Change of Address filing take? After we prepare your Change of Address document and you provide us with your signature on it, we send it to the IRS for filing. Once the IRS receives it, they require up to 30 days for processing, ...
Read more
What if I want to change both my business mailing address and my business location address? This can be done in one order. Simply select the option to change both on our form, and the resulting 8822 document will serve to change both addresses...
Read more
What if I also want this to affect the address of children in my home who file tax returns? The IRS asks for only one entity's address change per document. So if you have children in your home that file separate IRS tax returns, and you would like the address change to affect them as well, ...
Read more
What if I am a representative wanting to sign on behalf of another taxpayer? If you are a representative who wants to sign for another taxpayer the IRS wants you to file a form 2848 Power of Attorney with your form 8822 Change of Address. Our site cannot currently accommodate ...
Read more
View all questions about this service